500hr Yoga Alliance Tantra Yoga Teacher Training Course:
500hr Yoga Alliance® Tantra Yoga Teacher Training
Our 500 hour course is structured to give students the best possible preparation for their professional teaching career. It is also an excellent Yoga Intensive for experienced yogis looking to go deeper into the practical and theoretical aspects of yoga.
This course compares and contrasts traditional and modern practices of yoga. It is a year's worth of training, compressed into two / three months to save students' learning time. In two / three months, our students become proficient in sixty āsanas. We focus on how to practice and teach each āsana.
We teach this course over an optional two / three months but still allow the body and mind adequate time for rest. We believe that the body and mind perform at optimal level when work is interspersed with enough rest periods. For the body to physically learn new āsanas without injury, one needs at least two months. To induce stress results in wear and tear to muscles and joints and imprints stress in the body and mind. This makes meditation impossible. It also permanently reduces muscle quality thereby shortening the yogi's professional career. Our courses are designed to optimize students' learning and have them leave refreshed, relaxed and equipped as educated professionals.
Books used during the Training:
- Anatomy of Yoga, H. D. Coulter
- Living Yoga, C. Turlington
- Yoga Sūtras, Patañjali
- Haṭhayoga Pradīpikā
- Gheraṇḍa Saṃhitā
- Śiva Saṃhitā
- Tao of Physics, F. Capra
- Turning Point, F. Capra
- Wholeness and the Implicate Order, D. Bohm
- Serpent Power, A. Avalon
- The Garland of Letters, A. Avalon
- Shakti and Shakta, A. Avalon
- Psychology of Meditation, R. Ornstein & C. Nirjano
- Born to Win, M. James & D. Jongeward
- Introduction to Sanskrit, T. Egenes
- Devavanipravesika: An introduction to the Sanskrit Language, R. P. Goldman & S. J. Sutherland Goldman
- Sanskrit Grammar, D. Whitney
- Divine Initiation, Bhagavan Natha & Shri Ma Kristina
- Third-Eye of the Buddhist, Bhagavan Natha & Shri Ma Kristina
Daily Schedule: Honor and Cultivate Yourself
- 7:15a.m. Wake up, personal hygiene, and tea
- 8:00a.m. Traditional Ayurvedic Walking Massage (exchange massage to prepare the body for āsanas)
- 8:45a.m. Morning āsanas (a compact set of āsanas designed to integrate relaxation into life/Practicums mid-month)
- 9:45a.m. Prāṇāyāma and/or Bandhas (to optimize your internal system)
- 10:30a.m. Brunch
- 11:00a.m. Rest and Study Time (culture personal growth and study/relax and rejuvenate your whole system)
- 1:00p.m. Lunch and Interpersonal Communication (engage and grow in the community as you develop your abilities to honestly interact with others)
- 2:00p.m. Rest and Study time
- 4:00p.m. Tri-dosha balancing āsana series
- 7:00p.m. Shower, Dinner, Social Development (participate freely in developing skills to honestly interact in the group dynamic setting)
- 8:00p.m. Lecture, Satsang, Goddess worship/Puja, Sanskrit chanting/study
- 10:30p.m. Personal hygiene and sleep
- *One-on-one appointments at your request.
- **All Wednesdays are free days.
Our Other Courses:
© Copyright 2009. All Rights Reserved. Bhagavan Shri Shanmukha Anantha Natha and Shri Ma Kristina Baird.
Last update: Date and EST Time in Florida, Miami, USA: 22nd February 2019 07:18:21 AM